Thursday 10 May 2012

Auosentia Mech WIP

I've been spreading myself a little thin lately getting things prepped and underway but with little of note finished.

Here's a few pics of a recon mech from CMG's Protelene Khanate line which I've converted slightly to fit more with my Autosentia's aesthetic. I really like these light/medium mechs from CMG and they're very reasonably priced as well at around £4 each (11 something for 3). The detail is fairly crisp, they had no air bubbles and the design, with its nice balance of weapons, does it for me. So far I have three but I reckon I'll probably have 5-6 in the end.

Yep, you guessed it. The sensor block is from a Tau helment. Sometimes having a 10 year old GW legacy to draw upon can be useful, especially all the bits and bobs their plastics have.
This is the original version just for comparison. I like it a lot, but I prefer mine, of course :P
Modeling wise I just cut the face off and trimmed it up. Then super glued it in place and filled the edges with green stuff. After the green stuff had cured fully I went at it with the knife and straightened the edges, making sure it all sat as flush as possible. I've since primed these and you wouldn't know the component wasn't meant to be there.
One of the reasons I went for these is that the legs shape echoes that of the CMG phaseshifters I'm using in my Autosentia army elsewhere. Shame these mechs don't have jumpacks like them though. I could remedy this but the effort seems rather involved...
For me they're about the right size for a light/medium mech, the blockhead is about 16-17mm tall whilst the GZG merc stands at nearly 20mm.

2 comments:

  1. I think I like your version better than the original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its cool, it looks a little like a Tau Battlesuit, might have to get some of these, and yes its better then the original.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...